Welcome!

Welcome to Triton Guitar Works. Here we will highlight the products we have available and the services we offer. We also plan to have instructions for various guitar effects, amp mods, and guitar mods. We hope that you find the information interesting and helpful. Please contact us with any questions or comments. Take care.

Sunday, November 30, 2008

'74 Twin Reverb: Silverface to Blackface, AB763

I was able to buy a beat-up Silverface Twin Reverb. It seems to be a '74 from transformer code and from the fact that it has a master volume. While it plays pretty well (after putting some speakers in her), it needed new filter caps and electrolytics. Since I was going to be pretty deep into it already, I decided to remove the master volume, replace it with a reverb dwell, and change the rest back to blackface specs, the AB763 circuit.

To keep my bass a bit looser, I installed 100uF filter caps instead of the 70uF in the AB763. For the Bias cap I increased its value to 50uF/50V because of the increased power on wall outlets. Finally, I kept the .01uF Phase Inverter coupling capacitor so that the amp wouldn't be too bright.

Pics: Final Schematic used, Silverface Schematic showing parts to be removed, Silverface Layout of parts to be removed, Blackface layout, Before Pics, and After Pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment